01 February 2013

Neverending Scarves

Scarves are great!  I can actually wear them in mild California (all those people dealing with snow get to knit endless hats, mittens, gloves...there's only a few weeks out of the year that it is cold enough to wear those).

But.

They take forever.  I knit socks a lot, and they probably have the same amount of stitches, if not more.  Socks are interesting, though.  You've got the toe, the foot, the heel, and the ankle (I like my socks toe-up) and are always just a few inches from the next bit.  With a scarf, though, it's one thing.  Over and over.  With no end in sight!

At least that's how I'm feeling about this scarf...

It's about 3 feet long now, which means I want to try to double the size still.  The entrelac is looking really cool, at least!  I'm using Patons SWS in Natural Garden, and it's got some great colors in it.  I'm usually a cool-colors person (bring on the blue and purple!) but these browns and tans are a nice change.

This weekend, I am attempting to get at least another foot done.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest