01 February 2013

Back to Knitting...Scarves!

The first project I ever knitted was a scarf, and I have knit a few since then.  However, I haven't finished a scarf in many years!  I will find a pattern that I think is just perfect and start knitting--but then get tired of it after about 4 inches.

Finally I was able to finish a scarf, and it is the first lace scarf I have ever made!  The pattern is Tiger Eyes Lace Scarf and can be found on Ravelry for free.


Here is what the design looks like.  I used smaller needles than recommended, but it still turned out beautifully.  The yarn is Berroco Ultra Alpaca Fine in colorway 1207.  I blocked this scarf on folded up towels, so wasn't able to stretch it much.  Someday I will have those gridded blocking foam boards to do this with!


 The reason that I was able to finish the lace scarf is my next project: Entrelac Scarf.  I found this pattern and really wanted to knit it, but didn't have the correct needle size because I was on vacation.  Owing to some inner strength that I didn't know I possessed, I was able to work for 3 weeks on the Tiger Eye scarf to finish it before starting the entrelac.

I am using Patons SWS in Natural Garden for this scarf, and plan on knitting through 3 balls.  The picture below is about 5 days old, and now I have finished the first ball.  A modification that I made to the pattern was decreasing the number of squares by only casting on 16 stitches (instead of the 24 that the pattern called for).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest