19 August 2012

Camping is a Skill

This weekend, I learned about a new skill: camping. You see, I worked as a camp counselor these past two years, so I thought I'd be able to easily plan my own camping trip.

Wrong!

Sure, I packed all the important things like a tent, sleeping bag, and food.  I even remembered to bring a lighter!  But, apparently, there's a lot of little things that you need, too.  Here's a list of everything that I forgot:

  • Can opener
  • Plates
  • Silverware
  • Sandals
  • Tarp  
It's really difficult to eat a can of beans if you don't have a can opener, spoon, or plate! 

Also important: tent size.  I was worried that the small tent I had wouldn't fit two people, so I set it up the day before to check.  It seemed pretty roomy in there, with enough room for another person.  Here's where I went wrong: I didn't take into account that I am a lot smaller than that person.

Other than those few mishaps, the camping trip was a ton of fun!  We got to walk on the beach and climb some big rocks (and I found out that I get really nervous about heights when I'm on a tall rock!).  Sometimes you just have to get away from the indoor-crafty-life and visit some nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest