Today I experimented with a new bracelet! Many of my bracelets are made with square knots, and I recently found that they translate very well to embroidery floss. Just square knots are pretty boring, so I added some bells and whistles.
This bracelet is made up of eight strands of thread (well, 4 folded in half). The green only showed up in the chevron portion, however, which is probably due to the even number of colors.
I plan on making a tutorial for this bracelet, but here's some notes for now:
Two of each color set up symetrically, so ABCDDCBA.
- A over B either as over-under knots or Chinese staircase. 16 knots total. Repeat on other half.
- Tie the two C over D's in square knots. 10 knots total.
- Start chevron by tying B over C, then D. Tie the two B's together in the center.
- Tie A over C, D, and B, then together.
- One more row of chevron with C over D,B, and A, then together.
- Repeat #1-5 but with re-lettered strings.