09 August 2012

Decorating My Own Cake at Cakemix

Yesterday it was my birthday, so my mom and I went to Duff's Cakemix and decorated some cakes.  This awesome place was started in LA by Duff from Ace of Cakes.  Pretty cool, huh?

Well, I had no idea what to expect!  It turned out to be in a great place with half of the building for decorating cakes and half (separated by large windows) a studio for the actual cake professionals to work (oh, I would love to have that job title!).

Here's what I ended up with:


 It's a chocolate cake with vanilla frosting and covered in fondant.  The decorations are all fondant, too, except for the dark purple that I used to outline everything.

Below, you can see the awesome cake that my mom, from Dammit, Minnie!, created.  Those white things are little molded skulls, since she adores everything Halloween and Day of the Dead.


Now excuse me while I go order some 6" cake pans and see where I can get fondant, since I think this is a love that will last!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest